2021 APPLICATION UPDATE:
DUE TO THE CURRENT ECONOMY AND THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, PLUMBERS UNION LOCAL 690 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS IN 2021.
Are you interested in becoming a Plumber and a member of Plumbers Union Local 690?
Click Here for a Job Description Video of a Union Plumber
Applicants must come in person with a valid photo ID to obtain the application. Applicants must return the signed and completed application along with the testing fee by the return date. Applicants will then be notified by mail of the date they are scheduled for the test. The test is pass or fail. Applicants will again be notified by mail of the testing results. If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
Please see the details below for the application process:
- Applications are available only once a year during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January. However, due to the current economy and the Covid-19 pandemic, Plumbers Union Local 690 will not be accepting applications in 2021. Applicants must pickup the application in person and must present a valid photo ID to obtain the application.
- Applications are typically due back no later than the first Monday in March. Applications will not be accepted after the return date.
- The application and all required paperwork must be completed and signed upon submitting to Local 690 along with a testing fee. The fee may be paid by check or money order only.
- The applicant may submit the application in person or by mail to Local 690 - all paperwork and check or money order must be received no later than the first Monday in March.
- Testing is typically scheduled for the 2nd week of April. The applicant will be notified by mail of their scheduled testing date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail of the tests results.
- If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
- Interviews are typically scheduled for the 2nd week of June. Applicants will be notified by mail of their scheduled interview date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail if they are accepted into the program.