APPRENTICE APPLICATIONS WILL BE OFFERED IN 2024.
Are you interested in becoming a Plumber and a member of Plumbers Union Local 690?
Click Here for a Job Description Video of a Union Plumber
Applicants must come in person with a valid photo ID to obtain the application. Applicants must return the signed and completed application along with the testing fee by the return date. Applicants will then be notified by mail of the date they are scheduled for the test. The test is pass or fail. Applicants will again be notified by mail of the testing results. If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
Please see the details below for the application process:
- Applications are available only once a year during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January. Applicants must pickup the application in person and must present a valid photo ID to obtain the application.
- The application and all required paperwork must be completed and signed upon submitting to Local 690 along with payment for the testing fee. The fee may be paid by check or money order only.
- The applicant may submit the application in person or by mail to Local 690 - all paperwork and check or money order must be received no later than the return date given.
- Testing is typically scheduled a few weeks after the application is returned. The applicant will be notified by mail of their scheduled testing date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail of the tests results.
- If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
- Interviews are typically scheduled a few weeks after the testing results. Applicants will be notified by mail of their scheduled interview date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail if they are accepted into the program.