Are you interested in becoming a Plumber and a member of Plumbers Union Local 690?
Click Here for a Job Description Video of a Union Plumber
Applicants must come in person with a valid photo ID to obtain the application. Applicants must return the signed and completed application along with the testing fee by the return date. Applicants will then be notified by mail of the date they are scheduled for the test. The test is pass or fail. Applicants will again be notified by mail of the testing results. If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
Please see the details below for the 2019 application process:
- Applications are available only once a year during the 2nd and 3rd weeks of January. Applicants must pickup the application in person and must present a valid photo ID to obtain the application.
- Applications are available on the following dates:
- Monday through Friday, January 7-11, 2019 from 8am - 4pm.
- Monday through Friday, January 14-18, 2019 from 8am - 4pm.
- Applications are due back no later than Friday, March 1, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after March 1, 2019.
- The application and all required paperwork must be completed and signed upon submitting to Local 690 along with the $60.00 testing fee. The $60.00 fee may be paid by check or money order only.
- The applicant may submit the application in person or by mail to Local 690 - all paperwork and check or money order must be received no later than March 1, 2019.
- Testing is scheduled for the 2nd week of April 2019. The applicant will be notified by mail of their scheduled testing date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail of the tests results.
- If the applicant passes the test they will be invited for an interview.
- Interviews will be scheduled for the 1st week of June 2019. Applicants will be notified by mail of their scheduled interview date/time.
- Applicants will be notified by mail if they are accepted into the program.